Use this service to apply to register to vote or to:
- update your name, address or other details on the electoral register
- change your voting preferences, for example to vote in person or by post
- change whether you’re on the open register
It usually takes about 5 minutes.
You may need the following, if you have them:
- your National Insurance number
- your passport if you’re a British citizen living abroad
You need to be on the electoral register to vote in elections and referendums.
Register by 22 May to vote in the General Election on 8 June. You don’t need to register again if you’ve already registered. It’s too late to register for the 4 May local elections.