Who we are
PDT Employment is a dynamic team providing three employment programmes that support local people back into employment, training, education or career progression within West and Central London. Our home base is The Stowe Community Centre at 258 Harrow Road, London, W2 5ES where we also have a job club area that is accessible once you are registered from Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm with the exception of Wednesdays when we open at 12pm.
Geographically we have members of the team based in different venues throughout the week – contact us for locations and times in the following boroughs: Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham as well as Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hillingdon, Hounslow, Haringey.
Do you operate in real time? Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date on what’s happening within our service @PDTEmployment
What we do
- Friendly confidential, one-to-one advice at times that are convenient
- Help to create a CV
- Support people to actively apply for work
- Provide a fortnightly vacancy alert with opportunities from all sectors
- Assistance with applications
- Link you to full time and part time jobs that fit
- Help you find the right training course
- Find work placements to build experience and confidence
- Help you work out how to become ‘better off’
- Help you manage barriers like childcare, travel and work clothing
Currently on offer
Find out more about our Programmes:
Our GOLD Project works with men and women who are long term unemployed (12 months or more) and job seekers A3-GOLD-poster-v4
Our SWEET Project works with women that are long term unemployed or have never worked before A3-SWEET-poster3
Our Progression Project is for those earning less than £8.77 per hour and would like to advance in their career
Can we help you?
We can help most people as long as you have the following documentation:
- Proof of ID [UK/EU Passport or Residence Permit or UK/EU Full Birth Cert with Drivers Licence/Photo ID]
- Proof of Address [Bank Statement or Utility Bill or Driver’s Licence]
- Proof of Right to Work [UK/EU Passport or Residence Permit or UK/EU Full Birth Cert with Driver’s Licence]
- Proof of Employment Status [Letter from DWP stating benefit awards]
*TIP: If you read the above carefully it’s easier than it looks!*
Here you will see the full eligibility list in a Requirements table
We manage the GOLD and SWEET programmes and have partnered up with some great organisations across West and North London. If we’re not within your reach, then maybe one of our partners are?
Equivision: Work closely with local communities to support people into employment that fits with their needs. Providing SWEET and Gold projects in the boroughs of Harrow, Brent, Hammersmith and Fulham and Kensington and Chelsea
Belina: Work together with women to get them back into Employment. Providing SWEET project in the boroughs of Hillingdon and Ealing. UPG: UPG are providing a holistic, integrated Employment service for those who access their services and have extensive links with local organisations. Delivering both SWEET and Gold Projects in the boroughs of Hillingdon, Brent, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham.
GetSet: With impressive links and knowledge with employers, Get Set delivers services across employment, skills and health. Providing Sweet and Gold Projects in the boroughs of Haringey, Harrow, Ealing, Kensington and Chelsea, Hammersmith and Fulham and Westminster.
Elatt: Provide a range of courses, including ESOL, taking these skills as a base to progress into Employment. Providing SWEET Project in Brent, Ealing and Hounslow.
Mind: Specialists in empowering and supporting those with mental health challenges. Providing GOLD project in Barnet, Harrow, Haringey, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster and Hammersmith and Fulham.
St.Mungo’s: Their aim is that all people will have a place to call home and to enable homeless clients to support themselves. Providing GOLD project in Barnet, Harrow, Haringey, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster and Hammersmith and Fulham.
General Enquiries: 020 7266 8254