The ITQ is suitable for anybody who uses IT whether at home or work. The flexible structure and assessment methods of the ITQ mean that it can be adapted for a variety of courses in the classroom or almost any workplace or job role as part of an intended career.
Designed to provide competence from Level 1 to Level 3, the ITQ is ideal for those with little experience in computing for the underpinning knowledge that could aid progress to further education or employment or those seeking more in depth knowledge and skills in particular topics.
What is involved in studying this course?
The qualification provides from a basic level skills and knowledge that could lead to further education in IT or related areas, as well as underpinning other educational sectors to higher levels of competency for those required to work independently or supervise others. For those moving into their first job role the ITQ can provide the confidence to work effectively with ICT and deal with tasks that are straightforward or routine.
A Level 3 user can make use of predefined or commonly used IT tools for activities most of which are complex and non-routine, they will be able to devise solutions in the use of IT tools in order to improve productivity. They will take considerable responsibility and autonomy, and be prepared to offer support and advice to others.
An activity will typically be ‘complex and non-routine’ because:
- The task or context is likely to require research, analysis and interpretation;
- The work may be undertaken by others; and the techniques required will be complex, and
- The selection process may involve analysis, research, identification and application.
What careers can this lead to?
- Application support assistant/ or specialist Application support officer
- Data entry clerk Business administrator
- Personal assistant web development technician
For further information, please contact:
Somia Ibrahim on 0737 713 640 / email@example.com
Paddington Development Trust, Office B, Norland House, Queensdale Crescent, London W11 4TL
Tel: 020 7460 6488