Level 4 Certificate Early Years Advanced Practitioner
What does the qualification cover?
Learners will need to complete 5 mandatory units. The content covers the age range from 0-5 years and includes the following:
- enabling children to learn
- promoting health and well-being through physical activity & nutrition co-ordination (PANCo) in the early years
- working with others to support children with additional needs, including Special Educational Needs and Disability
- working with families and other professionals in early years settings
- implementing change in an early years setting incorporating a small scale research project
Learners will develop and use skills of leadership, mentoring, coaching and reflection as they complete the qualification through work-based learning opportunities.
This is a work-based qualification. Learners must be 19+, hold a full Level 3 Early Years/Childcare qualification and employed in a Early Years setting at Level 3 to complete this qualification.
Advanced Learning Loans is available for this course if appropriate.
Duration and Delivery
The course will be delivered over 33 weeks with a combination of class-room and on-line teaching on Saturdays.
Upon achievement of this qualification learners will become Advanced Practitioners in their settings and will be able to progress onto a Foundation Degree course.
This course would also suit learners who want to progress to further learning to take on a position of leadership within the setting.
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) – for staff who are undertaking the responsibility of SENCO in the setting
PANCO role (Physical Activity and Nutrition Coordinator)
Internal progression at higher level including those with management responsibilities
Leadership, mentoring, supervision and management opportunities
Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paddington Development Trust, Office B, Norland House, Queensdale Crescent, London W11 4TL
Tel: 020 74606488