NCFE Level 4 Certificate – Advanced Practitioner in Schools and Colleges
This qualification is designed for those who already have considerable experience of directly supporting teaching and learning and are already employed in suitable roles within schools or colleges. Knowledge and understanding which will be gained from this work is a requirement for this CPD qualification.
The Level 4 qualification aims to provide professional development opportunities for practitioners. It will incorporate the learner’s wealth of experience, proven knowledge and skills in a teaching and learning environment. And will challenge the learner in both daily practice and theoretical understanding. It will cover:
Enabling individuals to learn
- Understanding how to support children and young people to improve their mental health and well being
- Working with others to support individuals with additional needs and disability in a school or college
- Working with families and other professionals in a school or college setting
- Implementing change in school or college setting
Learners will gain and be able use the knowledge and skills of leadership, mentoring and coaching and reflections as they complete this qualification through work-based learning opportunities. Upon achievement of this qualification, the learner will be equipped as an Advanced Practitioner. The Advanced Practitioner will use crucial leadership skills to mentor others across all roles and responsibilities in the school or college workforce.
This qualification runs over 33 weeks, with a combination of classroom and on-line teaching, and practical sessions at a place of work as well as support sessions.
Learners will have access to online resources, which will form part of the weekly teaching sessions. Learners are encouraged to use these resources outside of class time to expand their knowledge and understanding. Learners will be observed in their work placement towards the project which they will be working on, and this is the only direct assessment that will be taking place. Arrangements will be made nearer to the time with their line manager for a suitable date and time.
Learners may progress to the following and more:
- Higher Level Practitioner/Teaching Assistant
- Internal progression at a higher level, including those with management responsibilities
- Approach training to be a SENCo within the school
- Leadership, mentoring, supervision and management opportunities
- Speech and Language Therapist or any other relevant professional they are interested towards their selected career pathway
For further information email us at email@example.com
Address: Stowe Centre, 258 Harrow Road, W2 5ES
Phone: 0207 2668 241