Registrations for the Digital Dash competition are now closed, the quota of places have been reached.
Now working alongside famous technology companies and north Paddington’s Rebel business school to kick start their Career!
Digital Dash Careers Fair north Paddington November 2023
What is it?
Calling all 18-25 year olds from the North Paddington area with digital and tech skills and/or those interested in learning more about the tech industry as a career path. Digital Dash North Paddington* is a competition for young adults where teams will work alongside mentors from world famous technology companies including Visa, Cognizant Finastra and Optum. The competition will be fun, practical and enable you to develop your career through real life experience while meeting industry experts and new people from your area. We strongly encourage and welcome applications from all 18-25 year olds from North Paddington.
*North Paddington covers the below areas but we also encourage other young people from Westminster to apply:
- Harrow Road
- Queen’s Park
All participants will be re-imbursed for their time at the London Living Wage rate of £11.95 per hour
The programme has been developed to enhance employability and provide a footstep into some of the world’s largest companies. And, yes, it’s for you! While some tech skills are required, we are interested in a variety of different skillsets so please don’t be shy in applying.
Those successful in applying will be assigned mentors from world renowned tech companies and will work on a challenge over a ten week period from September to December alongside their selected teammates. Teams will need to develop a digital based solution with the help of their mentors. At the end of the of the three months, each team will pitch for the chance to win £1000. We are providing equipment, travel vouchers and reimbursement for anyone who needs it.
Each week there will be different training sessions covering careers support, CV building, digital marketing, product development, entrepreneurship and Al. Each participant is expected to make a contribution and put in at least three hours of work.
Why should I apply?
- Personal Development: Participants will develop digital skills, problem-solving skills, critical thinking abilities, creativity, and teamwork through project-based learning and collaboration. These skills are transferable to all aspects of life and contribute to overall personal development.
- Enhanced Employability: Participants will gain valuable skills that will make them more marketable to potential employers.
- Tech Career Insights: Participants will explore a wide range of career options as part of the programme. These include jobs in technology, digital media, e-commerce, app development, cybersecurity, and even how to start your own tech-related venture. Tech jobs often provide great salaries and great job security.
- Entrepreneurial Empowerment: For those interested in starting their own business, tech skills are critical. With a solid understanding of digital tech, participants can create, manage and grow their own digital businesses.
- Access to Employers: The competition will involve engaging with industry professionals, other participants, and guest speakers. Building relationships with like-minded individuals and industry experts can open doors for internships, job opportunities, and collaborations.
- Access to Mentors: Each team will be assigned mentors who can provide invaluable guidance and support. Mentors will provide industry insights, career advice, and personalised feedback on participants’ progress. They can also offer networking opportunities and connections to employers for work experience, internships and jobs.
- Fun – The programme will have free, social evenings to meet similar minded people and visit some of the world’s largest tech companies.
When and how do I apply?
Applications are open from now until the 14th of September 2023