Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
This qualification is designed for those who already have considerable experience of directly supporting teaching and learning within schools and are looking to upskill or ‘specialise’ within their current role. It is also suitable for those who want to progress to further education and/or to a higher position within career.
Learners will gain the knowledge and understanding needed to work directly with children or young people in schools. This qualification runs over 44 weeks, with a combination of classroom and on-line teaching, practical sessions at a place of work as well as support sessions. Areas of study include:
- Communication and professional relationships with children and young people
- Schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Understand child and young person development
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Understand how to safeguard the well-being of children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
This course is free for those without a full Level 3 qualification and living within Greater London area. If you have a full Level 3 qualification, this course is likely to be free for you, but is subject to eligibility. You may need to apply for Student Loan from the Student Loan Company.
Learners will have access to resources online resources, which will form part of the weekly teaching sessions. Students are also encouraged to use these resources outside of class time to expand their knowledge and understanding.
For further information email us at email@example.com
Address: Stowe Centre, 258 Harrow Road, W2 5ES
Phone: 0207 2668 241